Many people are looking for a way to build their internet marketing list. The Squeeze page is the most commonly touted tool for that objective. One of the essential items in internet marketing is to develop an email list. It is a worn out statement but still holds water “The money is in the list”.
Some people pay substantial fees for elaborate squeeze page templates while others are content to use some of the free products available just for signing up for them. The question is are the paid for squeeze pages any more effective than the free templates?
I contend that the free templates can be every bit as effective if you understand the elements and the objective.
Can you be as effective building a list with free squeeze page templates? the answer is Absolutely yes. Here’s how.
1. No matter what template you have you absolutely have to offer something for free. The fact is that people have simply grown to expect it. Their e-mail address has value. If they are going to give that up they expect something in return.
2. There must be compelling content. Tell the reader something they didn’t know before. If they didn’t know that, and want to know even more about that subject, sign up here for more information. Don’t save the good stuff for later, tell them something of value that is going to make them ask themselves, “What else does this guy know that might benefit me?”
3. Include video on your squeeze page. You don’t have to have video but it simply makes the experience more pleasant most times and it keeps the reader on the page longer if they are uncertain about what they are going to do.
4. Make bold statements in your head lines. People are looking for solutions not suggestions. Why say “Go to my website and learn how to use kettelebells” when you can say “Sign below to learn the secret for how to lose 1# per day for a week”.
5. Font Color and Size. Observe other squeeze pages for ideas. Learn how they use color, size, bold and italics to emphasize the selling points. Red Titles and Blue text are very common and work very well on white pages.
6. Radiant background. Many squeeze page templates (even free templates) use gradient backgrounds these days. If you are not familiar with a gradient background, that simply means that there is a suttle transition of color from dark to light or vice versa. This give the squeeze page and exceptionally professional look.
7. Review public domain websites for free give aways. You don’t have to create your own giveaway products since there are many products available for free if you know where to look. Another source for Public domain give aways in print is to Google “your subject filetype:pdf”. You will be amazed at how many free products are availalable for redistribution.
8. Always leave them wanting more. When ever you answer a question leave the subject so that another question comes up. An example might be “Here is one way the vegimatic 1000 can save you time during the day.” The question was answered but only partially. The New questions is “What are other ways the Vegimatic 1000 can save me time?”
9. Remember it’s all about them. Never forget that the only reason anyone does anything is because there is some benefit to them. The more you make it about them and solving their problem the more response you will get.
10. Promote your benefits not your features. What ever goods or services you are ultimately selling must be able to solve people’s problems. You must get them to see how they are going to be better off by signing up with you. They don’t care what your product does. They do care how it will affect them and make them feel. Are they going to be richer, slimmer, in better shape, prettier, more secure, entertained, or challenged. In the end they are asking “What affect is this going to have on me.
Even though a squeeze page is not exactly a traditional sales page, it is still very much a type of sales page. The only real difference is that you are selling the reader on an idea and a concept more than you are selling them on a purchase transaction. The currency is a bit different but the transaction process is very much the same. You have valuable information and the visitor is trying to decide if the value of your information is as valuable as their contact information. Once you exceed that threshold in mass you will start building a very effective list.
I encourage you to visit my websites free downloads and start building your list.
Bob Wadley is an entrepreneur – web designer – SEO specialist – real estate investor. Bob is the principal owner of SEO Spider Master LLC which is an internet marketing firm specializing in helping small business owners outperform their competition in their local market. Visit the Spider Master Home page at www.seospidermaster.com .